Vancouver’s Interim County Manager Kathleen Otto is seeking applicants for several open positions on the volunteer Animal Protection and Control Advisory Board.
The three (3) positions are for Clark County residents that represent:
- Licensed veterinarian
- Livestock owner
- Member at large
Terms for the positions begin immediately. The livestock owner and member at large positions end October 31, 2022, and the veterinarian position ends October 31, 2023.
Advisory board members meet quarterly at 6:30 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of the month at the Clark County Public Safety Complex, 505 NW 179th St., Ridgefield.
Functions of the 10-member board include:
- Reporting to the County Councilors and Vancouver City Council at least once a year on general operations of the Animal Protection and Control Program
- Recommending potential modifications to code
- Acting as an appeals hearing board
- Volunteering at outreach and fundraising events
- Promoting the program and its licensing of all dogs and cats.
Applications and a résumé can be mailed to Animal Protection and Control, P.O. Box 9810, Vancouver, WA 98666-9810 or emailed to [email protected]
For more about the board or to download an application, please go to Clark County Animal Control Advisory Board.
The application deadline is 5:00 p.m. Friday, July 24, 2020.