Ridgefield is excited to welcome the community back to Overlook Park for First Saturday on May 1, 2021. Join the fun and celebrate the anniversary of Ridgefield First Saturdays with First Saturday vendors, Ridgefield Art Association Spring Art Show, a scavenger hunt, and more!
Spring is here, and it’s time to get outside! Head to Overlook Park for the First Saturday May Day Spring Festival for some fun and activities from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Masks and social distancing will be required.
Bring the kids to join Columbia Play Project’s lawn games for the young and young-at-heart from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and learn how this community organization is bringing exploratory play spaces in Clark County.
Vendors will also be back at Overlook Park for the first time since December 2019. The following vendors will be at the 2021 May event: Amilkar Hummus, Pacific Northwest Sunshine, Distinctive Hues Jewelry, Harvest of Peace Microgreens, Alpenrose Dairy, Raindrop Giftshop, Sherri Fahey Crocheted, Thundercloud Designs, Villages Clark County, Scentsy, Glenice Falter (handmade gifts, jewelry, and more), Ridgefield American Legion Post 44, Venture Woodworking, Carlos Ayala-Hernandez (Vintage T-Shirts and clothes).
The Ridgefield Art Association Spring Art Show returns for 2021 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. There will be 8 RAA artists displaying and selling their art under a large tent. Check out the art show while you are at Overlook Park and see the work of these talented local artists.
As part of their return to in-person First Saturdays, downtown businesses are encouraged to participate in the celebration with their own promotions and events. Take a walk downtown and enjoy the Art and Soul of Ridgefield.
Here are a few activities and spots to consider:
- First Saturday Logo Silhouette Scavenger Hunt: Explore the streets of Downtown Ridgefield and search for the components of our Ridgefield First Saturdays logo! Details to come.
- Ridgefield Community Library: The Ridgefield Community Library will be offering a May Day craft. Visit the temporary location at 228 Simons St to participate.
- Carts by the Park: Did you know Ridgefield is getting a food truck park? Carts by the Park, located at 219 Pioneer St, will be open with food vendors on Saturday, May 1st.
- Fin & Feather: Sidewalk activities including kids coloring books, firearm safety information, suicide prevention information, and firearms owners inventory cards.
- Myrtle’s Tea House: Offering free iced tea and cookies on Myrtle’s front patio beginning at 11 AM.