Even during a pandemic we still have lots to be grateful for and the November First Friday Week in Downtown Camas will highlight this with gratitude activities… and lots of pie. The annual November First Friday “Thankful for Pie!” theme has been adapted slightly this year to “Thankful for You! (and pie!).”
A new game or activity will be posted on the Downtown Camas First Friday Facebook Page every morning from November 1 through November 6, 2020, and the winners from the activities throughout the week will be announced on the Facebook Live event on First Friday at 5:00 PM. Those watching will have lots more chances to win for responding during the Facebook Live.
Activities during the week will be virtual, plus options for after-hours shopping, dining, and art shows downtown on First Friday, and there will be many chances to win pie from downtown restaurants all week.
First Friday will also kick off the Pie, Oh My Event in Downtown Camas. Participating restaurants will have a delicious pie option all week, November 6th through 13th.
Here are the daily First Friday “week” activities:
- Sunday: Autumn Word Search
- Monday: Post your favorite fall or family recipe
- Tuesday: Post a picture of something you are grateful for
- Wednesday: Pick & Pic! Pick your favorite item in the post and then Post a picture of an artful pie – it can be one you made or one you found on the web.
- Thursday: Post a word that represents gratitude to you. Bonus Pie Raffle: Private Message on the First Friday FB page on Thursday with the words “pie raffle” and be entered to win a pie during the FB Live event on Friday.
- Friday: Two different passports: Virtual Turkey Seek and Find Merchant Passport, and Downtown Merchant In-Store Passport where you can win dinner and a movie in Downtown Camas.
You have until 3:00 PM on First Friday to complete each of the daily activities to be entered to win downtown gift cards and prizes sponsored by the Downtown Camas Association. You have until 9:00 PM on First Friday to post your in-store merchant passport to be entered to win Dinner and a Movie in Downtown Camas.
Other First Friday activities include art receptions, ribbon-cutting ceremony, and free mini-pies.
First Fridays are Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping themed family-friendly events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year to support downtown and develop community and are being held partially virtually until fully in-person First Friday events are again possible.