Join StreamTeam in celebrating Make a Difference Day of Service 2020 by sharing how you make a difference from home.
For this year’s Make A Difference Day, the Clark Public Utilities StreamTeam has created a list of 25 challenges for you and your family to take part in and is inviting you to participate in their MADD Raffle Challenge. The challenges will help you explore and make a difference in your community, and you could win some prizes, too!
Just snap a picture while completing one of the challenges below, share on social media and tag “@CLARKPUD #MADD2020” or email your photos to [email protected] to be entered.
After sharing, you’ll be entered in a raffle to win awesome prizes from Local Green Certified Businesses including Vance Family Candles, Nut-Tritious Foods, Vintage Books, Fortside Brewing, nurseries, and more. The more you complete, the more chances for you to win!
- Spot a Salmon
- Spot a Bird
- Leaf Drawing/Etching/Impression/Pressing
- Draw a Picture of Salmon Habitat
- Draw a Plant or Tree in Your Yard
- Visit a Local Park
- Plant a Plan
- Be a Responsible Pet Owner (scoopin’ poop!)
- Up-cycle a craft
- Pull Weeds in a Local Park
- Pick Up Trash Around Your Community
- Share Your Favorite Picture of Local Nature
- Tag a Friend in the challenge
- Share Your Favorite Eco-documentary
- Share Your Favorite Environmental Book
- Sign Up for the StreamTeam Newsletter
- Donate to a Local Environmental Organization
- Share Your Favorite Second Hand or Thrifted Gem
- Take Your Plastic Bags to a Recycling Facility
- Start a Compost Bin
- Buy Local Produce or Visit a Farmer’s Market
- Make a Meal with All Seasonal Vegetables
- Ride Your Bike or Walk to Work or While Doing Errands
- Do a Home Waste Audit
- Find and Reduce Your Water Usage
- Swap Out for a Low-flow Showerhead or Faucet Aerator
The Make a Difference Day Challenge runs from Sunday, October 18th through Saturday, October 24, 2020.