New flavors are coming to Downtown Camas! To bring some extra culinary excitement to the community in September, participating downtown restaurants will be offering Fair Food Week from September 4th – 11th and The Secret Menu Event from September 15th – 30th.
Since Camas Days and the Clark County Fair couldn’t happen this year, Downtown Camas restaurants are offering nostalgic and much-missed fair foods and treats on their menus for a full week starting on First Friday, September 4, 2020. Funnel cakes, mini corn dogs, ice cream, caramel apples, cannolis just to name a few. There will even be cotton candy margaritas and Smoked BBQ ice cream to add unique twists to traditional fair options.
“We’re wanting to bring some fun and unique dining options to downtown and add a little extra zest to late summer,” says Carrie Schulstad, Executive Director of the Downtown Camas Association. “We have amazing restaurants and coffee houses that are working so hard to serve the community during these challenging times. We want to take advantage of the good dining weather and we truly hope people enjoy all the food options and have fun with it. You can have something new to try every day in September!”
The Liberty Theatre will also be serving their famous popcorn on First Friday and Saturday (9/4 – 9/5) from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM and Caps N’ Taps will kick off the Fair Food Week with free fair games out in front of their taproom during the evening. Cedar Street Bagel Co will be selling “Clark County Fair” scent candle wax melts with notes of cotton candy, funnel cakes, and deep-fried twinkies.
Fair Food Week participating restaurants and offerings:
- A Beer At A Time – Giant pizza by the slice and giant pretzels with beer cheese and stone ground mustard
- Adams Street Bar & Grill – Ribs with beans and Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese
- Caffe Piccolo – Nachos (with jalapenos or salsa)
- Cake Happy – Cake in a Jar, ice cream sandwiches, caramel apples
- Cedar Street Bagel Co. – Peach hand pies and organic lemonade made with lemonade-ice cubes (add mango or blackberry as desired!)
- Feast 316 – Smoked BBQ ice cream with cornflake crusted chicken tenderloins
- Grains of Wrath – Cotton Candy Margaritas
- Hidden River Roasters – Cold brew floats, root beer floats
- Liberty Theatre – Popcorn served First Friday and Saturday (9/4 – 9/5) from 5-8pm
- Mesa – Churro fried ice cream with chile infused caramel and Mexican spiced chocolate topping options
- Mill City Brew Werks – Mini corn dogs, funnel cakes, churro-doughnuts
- Natalia’s Cafe – Candied bacon on a stick
- Salud Wine Bar & Italian Restaurant – Mini cannolis, zeppole (filled Italian donuts)
- Squeeze and Grind – Chocolate malt milk and Oreo cookie shakes
- Tommy O’s at the Camas Hotel – 2 offerings: Kalua pork loaded fries all week and Malasadas (Hawaiian donuts similar to elephant ear flavors) on Saturday 9/5 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 Pm.
The Secret Menu Event:
For two weeks starting September 15th, participating Downtown Camas restaurants will offer secret menu items. Just ask for the secret menu offering and it will be a surprise until it is brought to your table. Items will be available for takeout as well. The goal is to bring new flavors, fun engagement for customers and some culinary adventure to the community.
Secret Menu Event participating restaurants:
A Beer at a Time
Grains of Wrath
Mill City Brew Werks
Salud Wine Bar & Italian Restaurant
Tommy O’s at the Camas Hotel
For more information visit Downtown Camas Association The Secret Menu Event.