Free Smoke Detectors Offered by Fire District 3

hey! sharing is caring :)

Sooner or later, things wear out. The same is true for smoke alarms, and having working smoke alarms in your house can save your life, and the lives of loved ones.

Clark County Fire District 3 is offering free smoke detectors to residents of owner-occupied single-family homes in their service area. Interested applicants can apply by filling out a form online at

“This is a small thing you can do to save lives of people you love,” said Fire Chief Scott Sorenson. “Fire District 3 is pleased to be part of this life-saving program.”

The Free Smoke Detector Program is made possible by a grant that Fire District 3 secured from the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Statistics show that families are 50 percent more likely to escape a house fire with a working smoke detector.

However, many homes do not have smoke detectors or the ones there are not operational due to age or battery life. More than one-third (38 percent) of home fire deaths result from fires in which no smoke alarms are present. And, three out of five home fire deaths result from fires in properties without working smoke alarms.

Once approved, an applicant will receive an email or phone call to let them know their smoke detector can be picked up at Station 31, 17718 N.E. 159th Street in Brush Prairie, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. If someone is elderly or disabled, the fire district will install the device at a mutually convenient time.

Thanks for being part of the ClarkCountyLive community.

Hey! Please 'Like" our Facebook page and 'Follow' us on Twitter.
It's through reaching more people that we can continue to do good things in the community!

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thanks! and have an awesome day!

hey! sharing is caring :)

Hey! Welcome. Please Login...

Join the Community!

Join thousands of your local friends and neighbors. Get the Community's most popular FREE newsletter!

Welcome to the Community!

Something went wrong.

Send this to a friend