And, hey… make sure you wash your hands! It's not necessarily about you, but about others who may be at risk. Thanks! :)
Walk Like a Pirate on the Salmon Creek Trail
You can talk like a pirate, but can you walk like a pirate?
In true pirate style, the Vancouver USA Walking Club is hosting a Walk Like a Pirate event on Saturday, September 28, 2019, from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Salmon Creek Sports Complex (aka home of Vancouver Girls Softball Association, 800 NE 117th St).
Now, what does this have to do with pirate style you ask? Well Talk Like a Pirate Day is actually September 19th, so why not confuse people, like a pirate would, and have the walk on a different day. Enjoy a day walking the beautiful Salmon Creek Trail and think like a pirate. You’ll be walking like a pirate while capturing “the scenery (bring your camera), sail alongside a creek with the wind in your face (pack suntan lotion), load up your eyeballs to the brim with the vast treasures of nature, and stuff your ear hold to the brim with melody of birdsong!”
Cost is two dollars for club members and three dollars for other walking clubs. Donations are accepted from guests as well. Walking starts at 9:30 AM. Pets are allowed as long as leash and clean up laws are followed. Dress in your best pirate garb, brush up on your pirate accent, and practice that peg leg walk so you’ll be your best pirate self on walk day.
So what do ya’ll mateys say, walk the “plank” and enjoy the day! For more information, visit the Vancouver Walking Club online.
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted Join the Potato Party at Gather and Feast Farm
- Someone just UpVoted Washougal Arts Festival Features 25 Local Artists
- Someone just UpVoted Local School Superintendents Push for Remote School Only
- Someone just UpVoted Building Industry Association of Clark County New Homes Tour
- Someone just UpVoted Maple Gate Neighborhood Annual Garage Sale
- Someone just UpVoted Port of Vancouver Welcomes USNS Brittin