And, hey… make sure you wash your hands! It's not necessarily about you, but about others who may be at risk. Thanks! :)
Walk and Knock Fighting Hunger One Bag at a Time
Walk and Knock, the nation’s largest one-day food drive, happens each year right here in Clark County on the first Saturday of December. So, that means this year you need to put your bags out on Saturday, December 7, 2019.
The goal is to provide food to those in need in our community (remember, 100% of all food and monetary donations stay right here in Clark County!).
Walk and Knock distributes grocery bags throughout the county the week before the food drive, and then brings the food drive to you. You fill the bags with food and leave them on your porch. Walk and Knock volunteers will go door-to-door to pick up all the donations.
The food is then boxed by volunteers and delivered to Clark County Food Bank. From there it is repacked and distributed to their partner agencies.
You can also volunteer to be a driver or food pickup volunteer, and go door-to-door collecting donations on drive day. Volunteers are also needed to box up food donations so they can be brought to the food bank for distribution.
Please consider putting a bag of groceries on your porch by 9:00 AM. For more information, visit Walk and Knock online.
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted Battle Ground PS District Annual Art Show Goes Virtual
- Someone just UpVoted Protect Yourself from Fraudulent Unemployment Claims
- Someone just UpVoted Clark County Preparing to Move to Phase 2
- Someone just UpVoted Combating Covid: Business Programs Launched, Includes Free Listings, Advertising Support
- Someone just UpVoted Kindergarten Registration Underway for 2020-21 School Year
- Someone just UpVoted We Are Not All in the Same Boat, But We Are All in the Same Storm