And, hey… make sure you wash your hands! It's not necessarily about you, but about others who may be at risk. Thanks! :)
StreamTeam Earth Day Fest at Salmon Creek Park
Enjoy free fun and games for the whole family, along with interactive nature demonstrations and entertainment, at the largest Earth Day event in Clark County. Clark Public Utilities’ StreamTeam is hosting its 20th Annual Earth Day Fest on Saturday, April 20 at Salmon Creek Regional Park.
The Earth Day fair is free and features hands-on games, raffle prizes, OMSI activities, Watershed Reflections art contest, interactive storytelling, a live fish release, wildlife shows, and entertainment, all scheduled from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. In past years more than a thousand folks of all ages have come to enjoy the day.
You can also join hundreds of volunteers from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM who will be on site planting native trees, pulling weeds, and picking up trash in celebration of Earth Day. If you are interested in volunteering advance registration is required. Volunteers will receive morning snacks, a T-shirt and lunch, and still have time to join in the fun of the Earth Day Fest.
Salmon Creek Park (Klineline Pond) is located at 800 NE 117th St., Vancouver. The parking lots near the event can fill up quickly, but free parking and shuttle service will be provided by CTran from Chuck’s Produce parking lot.
StreamTeam is a volunteer-driven stream restoration program. More than 1,000 team members donate over 3,500 hours of their time each year to save salmon. Activities include tree planting, water quality and plant survival monitoring, and educational outreach. StreamTeam members include utility employees, Stream Stewards, AmeriCorps members, scout groups, college students, youth groups and many other dedicated individuals.
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted We Are Not All in the Same Boat, But We Are All in the Same Storm
- Someone just UpVoted Battle Ground PS District Annual Art Show Goes Virtual
- Someone just UpVoted Protect Yourself from Fraudulent Unemployment Claims
- Someone just UpVoted Clark County Preparing to Move to Phase 2
- Someone just UpVoted Combating Covid: Business Programs Launched, Includes Free Listings, Advertising Support
- Someone just UpVoted Kindergarten Registration Underway for 2020-21 School Year