And, hey… make sure you wash your hands! It's not necessarily about you, but about others who may be at risk. Thanks! :)
Rosie Revere Engineer Day at Pearson Air Field
The Historic Trust’s Pearson Field Education Center (PFEC) is hosting a Special Open Saturday, Rosie Revere Engineer Day, on February 15, 2020, from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM at the hangar on Pearson Air Field (201A E. Reserve St., Vancouver). Rosie Revere, Engineer is a character who dreams of becoming a great engineer, yet is too shy to reveal her inventions.
Participants will be introduced to the engineering design process as they flow through activities during the event. Each discovery station will introduce a different branch of engineering with a mini engineering challenge. Station activities will be led by volunteer engineering students or professionals in the field. At each station, participants and their families will also have the opportunity to discover a heroine of engineering. The event will also include a reading of Rosie Revere Engineer for younger age groups and opportunities for future engineers to informally network with college students and female engineers.
Director of PFEC, Michelle Marra stated, “Pearson Field Education Center strives to encourage and inspire girls to pursue activities and careers traditionally dominated by men. Rosie Revere is an inventive way to convey an engineering dream to females which they can translate into their own dreams.”
Rosie Revere, Engineer is a bestselling picture book about pursuing one’s passion with persistence and learning to celebrate each failure on the road to achieving one’s dreams.
PFEC recognizes the accomplishments of women engineers and encourages young women through STEM education to consider engineering as a career field. This event is free to attend.
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted We Are Not All in the Same Boat, But We Are All in the Same Storm
- Someone just UpVoted Battle Ground PS District Annual Art Show Goes Virtual
- Someone just UpVoted Protect Yourself from Fraudulent Unemployment Claims
- Someone just UpVoted Clark County Preparing to Move to Phase 2
- Someone just UpVoted Combating Covid: Business Programs Launched, Includes Free Listings, Advertising Support
- Someone just UpVoted Kindergarten Registration Underway for 2020-21 School Year