And, hey… make sure you wash your hands! It's not necessarily about you, but about others who may be at risk. Thanks! :)
Repair Clark County at Pearson Field Education Center
Repair Clark County events (formerly known as Repair Cafés) are free community events where skilled ‘fixers’ volunteer to lend their skills to residents who bring in their broken items for repair. The goal of the events is to keep stuff out of the landfill, conserve resources, save money and share skills throughout the community.
The next Repair Clark County event will be on Saturday, June 8th at Pearson Field Education Center (201 E Reserve Street) from noon to 2:00 PM.
Bring your bicycles, clothing, small home appliances or electronics, jewelry, or tools/knives for sharpening. Fixers will try to repair them or give you advice on how to fix them yourself.
In 2018, the program boasted an 84% repair rate and fixed a total of 855 items for Clark County residents. The goals of Repair Clark County events are to help community members save money, reduce waste, practice environmental stewardship and create an inclusive community environment where skills and knowledge can be shared across generations.
For more information, visit Columbia Springs, Repair Clark County.
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted Celebrating Survivors Hope Parade
- Someone just UpVoted Elks Care, Elks Share with Clark County Food Bank Donations
- Someone just UpVoted Help Extinguish Risk of Fires During Project Home Safe
- Someone just UpVoted Kids Engage with Shelter Animals Through Discover Camp
- Someone just UpVoted Vancouver Old Apple Tree Dies, But Legacy Lives On
- Someone just UpVoted Clark County Relay for Life 2020