And, hey… make sure you wash your hands! It's not necessarily about you, but about others who may be at risk. Thanks! :)
Race to Remember: Memorial Day Race
Begin your Memorial Day by honoring all military fallen heroes, by participating in the Race to Remember on Monday, May 27th, with opening ceremonies taking place at 7:45 AM.
“Our “Race to Remember” Memorial Day Run is a timed event, which is open to the public on Memorial Day. We want to honor all military fallen heroes, which is why the start/finish is at the Memorial Wall on Phil Arnold Way on the corner of Columbia Way in Vancouver. The Half marathon, 10K and 5K Route is an out and back course on the Columbia River trail. The first Half Mile is our Honor Mile, where we will line the pathway with American Flags and pictures of military fallen heroes. The Honor Mile is a community walk and meant for us to slow down as a community and remember the sacrifice of our military heroes. After the run enjoy Vendors and meet Vancouver Veterans.”
“Race to Remember” is a local non-profit organization whose mission is to support and honor our past and present military heroes. They host several events throughout the year including three races. “During every event we host or participate in we remember and honor those who fought for our freedom. Outside of racing we organize military care packages, and engage with the community by coordinating such projects as “Soldier in the Classroom”, “Thank You Cards” and “Books for Soldiers”.”
For more information, including registration, visit Race to Remember online.
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted 100 Miles in 100 Days Challenge
- Someone just UpVoted We Are Not All in the Same Boat, But We Are All in the Same Storm
- Someone just UpVoted Battle Ground PS District Annual Art Show Goes Virtual
- Someone just UpVoted Protect Yourself from Fraudulent Unemployment Claims
- Someone just UpVoted Clark County Preparing to Move to Phase 2
- Someone just UpVoted Combating Covid: Business Programs Launched, Includes Free Listings, Advertising Support