Race for Warmth Benefits Operation Warm Heart
Join Clark Public Utilities for the 6th Annual Race for Warmth on Sunday, January 26, 2020. The 5k/10k walk/run begins at 9:00 AM at the Clark Public Utilities Electric Center (1200 Fort Vancouver Way, Vancouver).
Every dollar of your Race for Warmth registration goes directly to Operation Warm Heart, a Clark Public Utilities customer-funded program to help limited-income families in crisis situations who need help paying their electric bills. Since 1985, Operation Warm Heart has provided nearly $3.6 million to 14,800 families in crisis to help pay their electric bills. These recipients can barely make ends meet, but don’t qualify for other government programs that could help them pay their winter bills.
Race for Warmth registration is $30 and includes your run/walk participation, a Race for Warmth performance long sleeve shirt, drawstring race bag with goodies generously donated by local businesses, event day snacks, automatic entry into multiple prize drawings and after-party beverages and treats! All race proceeds are donated to Operation Warm Heart.
There is also a Free Kids Fun Run where kids will follow a local team mascot on a sidewalk trail around the front lawn of the Clark Public Utilities building. Employee volunteers will be along the path keeping kids on the route.
Shirts are not included with the Kids Fun Run, however additional shirts will be available for purchase for $10.
A brisk run or walk not for you? You can Sleep In for Warmth by making a convenient tax-deductible donation to Operation Warm Heart online and sleep in on Sunday, January 26th knowing you’ve helped a neighbor in need!
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted Race for Warmth Benefits Operation Warm Heart
- Someone just UpVoted Brrrurgers and Brews
- Someone just UpVoted Ridgefield Students Send Flat Stanley to Travel the World
- Someone just UpVoted Call for Nominations: First Annual Silver Citizen Award
- Someone just UpVoted Property Tax Town Hall Meeting: You May Qualify for Exemption or Deferral
- Someone just UpVoted Clark County Schools Emergency Notification Information