And, hey… make sure you wash your hands! It's not necessarily about you, but about others who may be at risk. Thanks! :)
Public Invited to Hearings on Possible Annexation Vote for City and Fire District
Three public hearings are scheduled where the city of Battle Ground will discuss the possibility of annexing to Clark County Fire District 3.
The public is invited to attend and comment on a ballot measure proposed for the February 11, 2020, Special Election. Voters in both the city and fire district must approve annexation for it to go forward.
Battle Ground is holding two public hearings on October 7 and 21 at 7:00 PM in Council Chambers (109 SW 1st Street).
Fire District 3 is holding its public hearing on October 28 at 6:00 PM at 17718 NE 159th Street, Brush Prairie, 98606.
The public is invited and encouraged to attend and provide comment at any or all of the meetings.
Battle Ground and Fire District 3 have been discussing the possibility of annexation for a year, and Battle Ground is the only city in the area that contracts for emergency services. More information can be found on the City of Battle Ground, Fire and Emergency Medical Services.
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted Clark County Sheriff’s Office Coordinating Free Senior Wellness Checks
- Someone just UpVoted Vancouver Public Schools to Remain Closed for Balance of 2020 School Year
- Someone just UpVoted 2020 Hazel Dell Parade Canceled
- Someone just UpVoted Do You Need Food? Food Pantry Sites in Clark County
- Someone just UpVoted Congratulations to the Winners of the SW Washington Regional High School Art Show
- Someone just UpVoted Salvation Army Prepares for Service Spikes, Enhances Operations