And, hey… make sure you wash your hands! It's not necessarily about you, but about others who may be at risk. Thanks! :)
Private Events and Celebrations: A Clark County Open Discussion
Clark County invites residents to participate in a facilitated forum to discuss and review feedback and questions generated during a previous rural event venue forum conducted on July 31.
The forum is scheduled from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM, Wednesday, October 9, 2019, in the sixth-floor hearing room of the Public Service Center, 1300 Franklin St. The meeting is open to the public.
To learn about current requirements for event-related activity on private property in Clark County, links to relevant code sections are available at Clark County Community Development Rural Events Forum.
During the previous forum, county residents, property owners, and business operators discussed regulations and concerns pertaining to a proposal to allow private event venues in rural areas of unincorporated Clark County as a permitted property use. The next step is for the community and staff to develop a recommendation and consensus opinion on the issue to provide to the Clark County Council. Such rural event venues would be operated independently of those currently allowed as an accessory use to a winery and would be available for weddings, celebrations and other private events.
Community Development Director Mitch Nickolds will facilitate the roundtable discussion. Staff representatives from the following departments also will participate in the discussion:
- Community Development – Building Safety, Fire Marshal and Land Use Review
- Public Works –Transportation
Attendees will include local residents and businesses and may include other interested parties.
To submit your written comment, opinion or concern in advance, please send an email to [email protected] or mail them to PO Box 9810, Vancouver, WA 98660-9810. You also may deliver comments to the third-floor reception area in the Public Service Center at 1300 Franklin St.
Please be advised that all comments received may be shared at the forum and will be available to the public. Following the forum, staff will collect additional written comments submitted through 5 pm Friday, October 18, 2019.
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted Clark County Sheriff’s Office Coordinating Free Senior Wellness Checks
- Someone just UpVoted Vancouver Public Schools to Remain Closed for Balance of 2020 School Year
- Someone just UpVoted 2020 Hazel Dell Parade Canceled
- Someone just UpVoted Do You Need Food? Food Pantry Sites in Clark County
- Someone just UpVoted Congratulations to the Winners of the SW Washington Regional High School Art Show
- Someone just UpVoted Salvation Army Prepares for Service Spikes, Enhances Operations