And, hey… make sure you wash your hands! It's not necessarily about you, but about others who may be at risk. Thanks! :)
Lantern Tours at Fort Vancouver Highlight History After Dark
See Fort Vancouver in a whole new light…by lantern! The Fort Vancouver National Historic site will again be offering its popular Lantern Tours series for the 2019-2020 season. These popular guided tours lead participants on an after-dark experience through either the reconstructed Fort Vancouver or the historic Vancouver Barracks.
As in past years, each adult attending the program will carry their own candle lantern and tour with a Park Ranger through the reconstructed fort’s Counting House, Fur Store, Chief Factor’s House, Kitchen, and Bake House. Peek into the past with vignettes by costumed interpreters and learn about your urban national park then and now. These vignettes transport the visitor back in time to exhibit what life was like at Fort Vancouver in the 1840s.
Lantern Tours: An Evening at the Fort take place inside the Fort Vancouver stockade. All Lantern Tours take place at least partially outdoors and will occur rain or shine, so be sure to dress for the weather.
Lantern Tours: An Evening at the Fort Dates:
November 23, 2019
November 30, 2019
December 21, 2019
December 28, 2019
January 18, 2020
January 25, 2020
February 22, 2020
February 29, 2020
March 14, 2020
March 21, 2020
Admission is $25 per adult, and $10 per youth. All tours begin at 7:30 PM and are by prepaid reservations only; reservations for lantern tours are open now. All reservations are required to be booked online at Friends of Fort Vancouver.
Reservations are non-refundable and non-transferable to another date. Due to program length, Lantern Tours are not recommended for children under the age of 10.
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted Salvation Army Prepares for Service Spikes, Enhances Operations
- Someone just UpVoted Do You Need Food? Food Pantry Sites in Clark County
- Someone just UpVoted 2020 Hazel Dell Parade Canceled
- Someone just UpVoted Congratulations to the Winners of the SW Washington Regional High School Art Show
- Someone just UpVoted Ridgefield Resilient: School District Offering Meals, Technology, and Care
- Someone just UpVoted Clark Public Utilities Suspending Disconnects, Makes Changes to Events