And, hey… make sure you wash your hands! It's not necessarily about you, but about others who may be at risk. Thanks! :)
Historic Military Talks – The Civilian Conservation Corps Vancouver Barracks District
The Historic Trust in conjunction with the Vancouver Barracks Military Association will be hosting Military History Talks on the third Thursday of each month from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM at the Marshall House through June of 2019. These presentations are free and a great way to learn more about the rich history of the Fort and Barracks.
On Thursday, March 21st, the talk will be about the Civilian Conservation Corps or CCC at the Vancouver Barracks. Most people think of thousands of young men carrying shovels, axes, and saws throughout the woodland of the U.S., but how did they get their gear?
Listen to Mr. Matt Mawhirter talk about the role the Civilian Conservation Corps had at the Vancouver Barracks and Pacific Northwest. It is correct that for the most part, the CCC worked in the woodlands, but the Barracks housed soldiers that organized, trained and supplied them due to their access to paved roads, railroads, and rivers.
Space is limited for the Military Talks, so book your spot today at The Historic Trust online.
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted 100 Miles in 100 Days Challenge
- Someone just UpVoted We Are Not All in the Same Boat, But We Are All in the Same Storm
- Someone just UpVoted Battle Ground PS District Annual Art Show Goes Virtual
- Someone just UpVoted Protect Yourself from Fraudulent Unemployment Claims
- Someone just UpVoted Clark County Preparing to Move to Phase 2
- Someone just UpVoted Combating Covid: Business Programs Launched, Includes Free Listings, Advertising Support