And, hey… make sure you wash your hands! It's not necessarily about you, but about others who may be at risk. Thanks! :)
Historic Military Talks – Predator: A Marine Corps Tank Company in Operation Desert Storm
The Historic Trust in conjunction with the Vancouver Barracks Military Association will be once again hosting Military History Talks on the third Thursday of each month from January through June of 2019. These presentations are free and run from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM at the Marshall House. These are a great way to learn more about the rich history of the Fort and Barracks.
On Thursday, April 18th, the talk will be about “Predator”, a Marine Corps Tank Company in Operation Desert Storm that lead the Second Marine Division assault into Kuwait freeing the country. Predator was awarded the Navy Unit Citation for their part in the largest tank vs. tank battle in Marine Corps history. Listen to retired Marine Master Sergeant Jeff Dacus as he shares his experiences in tank combat in Operation Desert Storm.
Desert Storm began in August 1990 when Iraq invaded Kuwait. Prior to the Korean War in 1950, Desert Storm was the first large scale call up of the Reserves and National Guard.
Space is limited for the Military Talks, so book your spot today at The Historic Trust online.
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted We Are Not All in the Same Boat, But We Are All in the Same Storm
- Someone just UpVoted Battle Ground PS District Annual Art Show Goes Virtual
- Someone just UpVoted Protect Yourself from Fraudulent Unemployment Claims
- Someone just UpVoted Clark County Preparing to Move to Phase 2
- Someone just UpVoted Combating Covid: Business Programs Launched, Includes Free Listings, Advertising Support
- Someone just UpVoted Kindergarten Registration Underway for 2020-21 School Year