Calling all girls ages 8 to 17 who love all things aviation!
Join the Rose City chapter of Women in Aviation International for a day of all things aviation and aerospace on Saturday, October 12, 2019, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM at the Pearson Field Airport Education Center (101 E. Reserve Street). This event is free to attend but is limited to the first 100 to register. Pre-registration is open and can be found HERE.
Attendees will be able to connect with other young ladies who share the same passion for aviation as them. They will be able to explore all the opportunities available to them to pursue their aviation and aerospace dreams, and are able to experience all the “high-flying” fun aviation can give them. There will be many activities to participate in. Check them out below:
- Meet women who have careers in aviation
- Explore the world of aviation
- Learn about jobs at the airport
- Find out what an aircraft dispatch does
- Talk like a pilot when you say the alphabet
- Hear from a professional pilot about their job
- Check out different kinds of airplanes
- Fly a flight simulator and a feel for the controls
- Navigate using an aviation sectional chart.
A new activity this year will be a presentation about what it takes to become a professional pilot, air traffic controller or aviation mechanic. Be sure to have your questions ready for the pros. This presentation is separate from the event and has its own registration that can be found on the same site as general registration.
So, what are you waiting for? Register today to experience aviation at the first airport in the Pacific Northwest, and one of the oldest continuously operating airfields in the country.
While this event is aimed towards girls, boys are also welcome.