And, hey… make sure you wash your hands! It's not necessarily about you, but about others who may be at risk. Thanks! :)
Fee Free Days at the Parks
- June 13
- September 26
- November 11
To encourage visitation and appreciation for America’s public lands, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) announced that it will waive recreation-related visitor fees during five 2020 Fee-Free Days. On these five days, recreation-related fees for all visitors to agency-managed public lands across the nation will be waived.
“One of the greatest assets we have in this country is our public lands,” says Deputy Director of Policy and Programs for the BLM, William Perry Pendley, exercising the authority of the BLM Director. “With our fee-free days, we hope that Americans will get outside to enjoy these national treasures – the 245 million acres of public lands across our nation, most of which are in the West and Alaska.”
The Fee-Free Days for 2020 are: January 20 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day), February 17 (President’s Day), June 13 (National Get Outdoors Day), September 26 (National Public Lands Day), and November 11 (Veterans Day).
BLM-managed public lands offer a wide array of recreational opportunities, including hiking, hunting, fishing, camping, mountain biking, horseback riding, boating, whitewater rafting, off-highway vehicle driving, rock climbing, and more.
Americans make approximately 67 million visits annually to BLM-managed lands, supporting approximately 48,000 jobs nationwide and contributing almost $7 billion to the U.S. economy.
On fee-free days, site-specific standard amenity and day-use fees at BLM recreation sites and areas will be waived for the specified dates. Other fees, such as overnight camping, cabin rentals, group day use, and use of special areas, will remain in effect.
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted We Are Not All in the Same Boat, But We Are All in the Same Storm
- Someone just UpVoted Battle Ground PS District Annual Art Show Goes Virtual
- Someone just UpVoted Protect Yourself from Fraudulent Unemployment Claims
- Someone just UpVoted Clark County Preparing to Move to Phase 2
- Someone just UpVoted Combating Covid: Business Programs Launched, Includes Free Listings, Advertising Support
- Someone just UpVoted Kindergarten Registration Underway for 2020-21 School Year