And, hey… make sure you wash your hands! It's not necessarily about you, but about others who may be at risk. Thanks! :)
Cruise Over to Touchmark’s 12th Annual Car Show and Barbecue
The 12th annual Touchmark Car Show and Barbecue is just around the corner on Saturday, June 15. Mark your calendar and cruise on over for a special trip down memory lane and celebrate 12 years of raising money for local charities.
The popular summer event is from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM, at 2911 S.E. Village Loop in east Vancouver. The annual show attracts thousands of car enthusiasts and over the years has raised $35,000 for local nonprofits serving seniors and veterans.
Approximately 150 shining cars are expected on display in perfect weather. Trophies will be awarded for these categories: Best Modified, Best Old-timer (pre-1950), Best 50s, Best 60s, Best 70s, Best Late Model (1980-new), Best Truck, Best Sports Car, Best Convertible and Residents’ Choice.
There is no cost for the show or barbecue. Donations are accepted, and this year, all proceeds will go to local charities benefitting Alzheimer’s Association, Parkinson’s Association and Veterans of Clark County.
The event will have even more color this year with the appearance of the yarn car. This 1967 Imperial Crown luxury car, created by artist Tim Klein, is covered with 5 miles of soft acrylic yarn and 2,000 black river rocks. The Yarn Car has appeared in Reader’s Digest, USA Today, the New York Times, and the New York International Auto Show, as well as on CNN and Good Morning America.
Artwork depicting images with cars from artists with Mosaic Art Alliance will be on display outdoor, as well. For more information or to register a car, call Kellie Wagnild at 360-254-2866 or email [email protected].
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted We Are Not All in the Same Boat, But We Are All in the Same Storm
- Someone just UpVoted Battle Ground PS District Annual Art Show Goes Virtual
- Someone just UpVoted Protect Yourself from Fraudulent Unemployment Claims
- Someone just UpVoted Clark County Preparing to Move to Phase 2
- Someone just UpVoted Combating Covid: Business Programs Launched, Includes Free Listings, Advertising Support
- Someone just UpVoted Kindergarten Registration Underway for 2020-21 School Year