And, hey… make sure you wash your hands! It's not necessarily about you, but about others who may be at risk. Thanks! :)
Children’s Cultural Parade a Springtime Tradition
Celebrating the diversity of Vancouver, children study cultures from around the world and share what they have learned in a parade. The annual Children’s Cultural Parade will take place on Friday, May 10th from 10:00 am to 11:30 am.
These students have worked hard for months in their classrooms to study cultures from around the globe while rediscovering their family’s and their community’s cultural heritage.
The parade provides an opportunity for each child to share with the community his or her own unique culture and includes school marching bands and more than 1,600 third-grade students celebrating the community’s diversity.
The Children’s Cultural Parade begins at the national park’s Pearson Air Museum (1115 E. Fifth Street, Vancouver, WA 98661) and continues north on E. Reserve Street, turning west on Evergreen Boulevard, and finally turning south to follow the Park Road across E. Fifth Street straight into the national park’s reconstructed fur trade-era stockade (1001 E. Fifth Street, Vancouver, WA 98661).
The community is encouraged to line the parade route and cheer on the children from the local school districts.
After the parade, children will gather inside the fort for a presentation by park rangers and local educators.
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted 100 Miles in 100 Days Challenge
- Someone just UpVoted We Are Not All in the Same Boat, But We Are All in the Same Storm
- Someone just UpVoted Battle Ground PS District Annual Art Show Goes Virtual
- Someone just UpVoted Protect Yourself from Fraudulent Unemployment Claims
- Someone just UpVoted Clark County Preparing to Move to Phase 2
- Someone just UpVoted Combating Covid: Business Programs Launched, Includes Free Listings, Advertising Support