And, hey… make sure you wash your hands! It's not necessarily about you, but about others who may be at risk. Thanks! :)
Celebration of Sidewalks
Sidewalks and other pedestrian facilities increase mobility, improve safety and enhance the quality of life for county residents and are among the most frequently requested services by the public. Clark County Public Works receives requests for sidewalk projects throughout the year from residents, neighborhood associations, school districts, and other organizations.
If you have driven along Highway 99 in the Salmon Creek neighborhood recently, you should have noticed the new sidewalks and park benches along the East side of the road. It not only looks nice but is also a much safer alternative to folks walking on the west side of the road.
Help the community thank Clark County Public Works for the new sidewalks on the east side at the “Celebration of Sidewalks” event on Thursday, October 10th, 2019 from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM at the Salmon Creek United Methodist Church (12217 NE Highway 99).
Enjoy light refreshments and a short presentation about the “buffered bike lanes” that were recently installed. The event is hosted by the Sherwood Hills Neighborhood Association. Community members will also be asking for more sidewalks along Highway 99.
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted Clark County Sheriff’s Office Coordinating Free Senior Wellness Checks
- Someone just UpVoted Vancouver Public Schools to Remain Closed for Balance of 2020 School Year
- Someone just UpVoted 2020 Hazel Dell Parade Canceled
- Someone just UpVoted Do You Need Food? Food Pantry Sites in Clark County
- Someone just UpVoted Congratulations to the Winners of the SW Washington Regional High School Art Show
- Someone just UpVoted Salvation Army Prepares for Service Spikes, Enhances Operations