Celebrate National Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day
- February 1
Yes, there really is an “Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day”.
But, even if there wasn’t, would you really want to argue the point? National Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day is celebrated the first Saturday in February, so from now on, you can be sure I will be honoring this “holiday”!
You can, of course, celebrate this holiday at home, or you can go visit our friends at Ice Cream Renaissance. While they normally don’t open until noon on Saturdays, they will be opening early and serving up waffles, baked french toast, and ice cream from 9:00 AM to noon.
Where did this magical day come from? “This very special day was created out of sheer winter boredom in the 1960s. A mom in Rochester, NY. decided it was time to give her kids something to look forward to, other than another day of gray skies and snowfall. So, she created this day with her two young boys. It sure did the trick, if only for a little while. Our research did not find any documentation supporting this as an International Day. However, should it come up to a vote, we are definitely supporters!”
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted Race for Warmth Benefits Operation Warm Heart
- Someone just UpVoted Brrrurgers and Brews
- Someone just UpVoted Ridgefield Students Send Flat Stanley to Travel the World
- Someone just UpVoted Call for Nominations: First Annual Silver Citizen Award
- Someone just UpVoted Property Tax Town Hall Meeting: You May Qualify for Exemption or Deferral
- Someone just UpVoted Clark County Schools Emergency Notification Information