And, hey… make sure you wash your hands! It's not necessarily about you, but about others who may be at risk. Thanks! :)
Campfire Tales: The Haunting History of Clark County
Clark County Historical Museum will conclude its 2019 History on Tap program at the Kiggins Theatre on Thursday, October 17, 2019, with “Campfire Tales: The haunting history of Clark County.” Doors open at 6:00 PM and the event begins at 7:00 PM.
Presented by local historians Pat Jollota, Brad Richardson, and Jeff Davis, this talk will explore the modern folklore of Clark County through historical interpretations, personal stories, folktales, and various haunting accounts drawn from Jollota’s book, “Darkness Next Door.”
“It’s always exciting to engage in an exploration of our modern folklore. These stories are fascinating because they provide perspective on how people have seen the world historically,” said Brad Richardson, CCHM executive director. “This is also a fun way to communicate history to new audiences.”
The evening will begin with a game show-style segment in which three members of the audience will be invited on stage to answer a series of historical questions about Clark County and beyond. Another segment, “Ask Pat,” will feature local historian Pat Jollota’s answer to one question about local history, as selected from social media (#AskPat), email, or submitted through the museum.
Admission to History on Tap is $15 in advance or $18 the day of the event. Tickets can be purchased at the Kiggins Theatre Box Office or online, and at the Clark County Historical Museum.
Tap Takeover for the October 17th event is sponsored by Trap Door Brewing.
For more information, contact the museum at 360-993-5679 or [email protected]
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted Battle Ground PS District Annual Art Show Goes Virtual
- Someone just UpVoted Protect Yourself from Fraudulent Unemployment Claims
- Someone just UpVoted Clark County Preparing to Move to Phase 2
- Someone just UpVoted Combating Covid: Business Programs Launched, Includes Free Listings, Advertising Support
- Someone just UpVoted Kindergarten Registration Underway for 2020-21 School Year
- Someone just UpVoted We Are Not All in the Same Boat, But We Are All in the Same Storm