And, hey… make sure you wash your hands! It's not necessarily about you, but about others who may be at risk. Thanks! :)
Battle Ground Veterans Day Ceremony and Veterans Memorial
The City of Battle Ground will commemorate Veterans Day with a ceremony honoring veterans on Monday, November 11, 2019, 11:00 AM, at the Battle Ground Community Center located at 912 East Main Street in Battle Ground.
Leading the ceremony will be Mayor Mike Dalesandro and Councilmember Philip Johnson who invite community members to gather with them to recognize all U.S. veterans and active military personnel. The ceremony will include a reading of the names of 31 local men who died in service.
While the ceremony is held in the warmth of the Battle Ground Community Center, community members are encouraged to also visit the Battle Ground Veterans Memorial located in Kiwanis Park at 422 SW 2nd Avenue. After six years of fundraising and 9 months of construction, the memorial was formally dedicated on Veterans Day of 2015. Engraved on its walls are the names of thirty-one honored veterans – local men who died in service during wars ranging from World War II to the Global War on Terror.
Bordering the wall are over 100 bricks, each engraved with the name of a veteran along with the branch of service and years he or she served. The bricks are purchased by family members and loved ones to recognize the service of a veteran. The purchase of a brick also supports the ongoing maintenance of the memorial.
The Battle Ground Veterans Memorial was fully funded and constructed by donations, evidence of the community’s commitment to honoring those who serve and those who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country. For more about the Battle Ground Veterans Memorial, including information on purchasing a brick to recognize a veteran, visit Battle Ground Veterans Memorial online.
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted Clark County Sheriff’s Office Coordinating Free Senior Wellness Checks
- Someone just UpVoted Vancouver Public Schools to Remain Closed for Balance of 2020 School Year
- Someone just UpVoted 2020 Hazel Dell Parade Canceled
- Someone just UpVoted Do You Need Food? Food Pantry Sites in Clark County
- Someone just UpVoted Congratulations to the Winners of the SW Washington Regional High School Art Show
- Someone just UpVoted Salvation Army Prepares for Service Spikes, Enhances Operations