And, hey… make sure you wash your hands! It's not necessarily about you, but about others who may be at risk. Thanks! :)
32nd Annual Community Celebration Honoring Veterans
The North Clark Historical Museum and Mt. Valley Grange #79 will be co-hosting the 32nd Annual Community Celebration honoring Veterans on Saturday, November 9, 2019, at Mt. Valley Grange #79 (40107 NE 221st Ave., Amboy).
Enjoy a Pie and Ice Cream Social at 5:30 PM followed by a special program. Adults $3.00, Children (12 and under) $1.50. Proceeds go to Mt. Valley Grange for operating expenses.
The program will begin at 6:45 Pm and welcomes Major Dennis L. Steigmann, USMC, Ret. North Clark area organizations will be recognized for their contributions to their communities. The organization chosen to be highlighted at this event is North County Emergency Medical Services (EMS). The speaker for EMS will be Fire/EMS Chief Shaun Ford.
Entertainment will be provided by the Amboy Middle School Band, led by Gary Bong, Band Director. Patriotic songs will be sung by Heidi Steigmann.
All Veterans attending will receive a free raffle ticket for a special Patriotic Quilt made and donated by the Chelatchie Quilters. The quilt is lap-size and may only be won by a Veteran. A second prize of patriotic memorabilia will also be given to a veteran.
The winning ticket for the quilt “Cabin in the Woods”, a fundraiser for North Clark Historical Museum, will be drawn. The proceeds from the raffle will go into the Capital Improvement Fund. Tickets will be available that evening from 5:30 PM to 6:45 PM.
There is also a Door Prize Raffle, with proceeds going to the Museum. A Pie Auction concludes the evening, with proceeds going to Mt. Valley Grange.
For more information, please contact 360-247-5800 and leave a message.
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted Clark County Sheriff’s Office Coordinating Free Senior Wellness Checks
- Someone just UpVoted Vancouver Public Schools to Remain Closed for Balance of 2020 School Year
- Someone just UpVoted 2020 Hazel Dell Parade Canceled
- Someone just UpVoted Do You Need Food? Food Pantry Sites in Clark County
- Someone just UpVoted Congratulations to the Winners of the SW Washington Regional High School Art Show
- Someone just UpVoted Salvation Army Prepares for Service Spikes, Enhances Operations