And, hey… make sure you wash your hands! It's not necessarily about you, but about others who may be at risk. Thanks! :)
22nd Annual Nez Perce Chief Redheart Memorial Ceremony
Join the Nez Perce Tribe in their annual memorial to remember Chief Redheart’s band, who were imprisoned for eight months without cause at Fort Vancouver in 1877-78. The 22nd Annual Nez Perce Chief Redheart Memorial Ceremony will take place on the Fort Vancouver National Historic Site Saturday, April 20, 2019, from 10:00 AM to noon.
Each year Nez Perce tribal members travel to important historical sites to conduct memorials. This event honors Chief Redheart’s band with singing, the Riderless Horse Ceremony, Sacred Pipe Ceremony and recognition of veterans.
After the ceremony, the public is invited to attend a traditional Native American meal, prepared and served by Bow and Arrow Culture Club located in the Artillery Barracks at 600 E. Hatheway Road, Vancouver.
There is no admission charge. Donations are welcome. Refreshments at the ceremony provided by Meals on Wheels.
Trending News and ToDo's
- Someone just UpVoted We Are Not All in the Same Boat, But We Are All in the Same Storm
- Someone just UpVoted Battle Ground PS District Annual Art Show Goes Virtual
- Someone just UpVoted Protect Yourself from Fraudulent Unemployment Claims
- Someone just UpVoted Clark County Preparing to Move to Phase 2
- Someone just UpVoted Combating Covid: Business Programs Launched, Includes Free Listings, Advertising Support
- Someone just UpVoted Kindergarten Registration Underway for 2020-21 School Year