Clark County is seeking applicants for three seats on the Clark County Historic Preservation Commission. Two seats will be for three years and one seat will be for one year. The terms will begin July 1, 2021.
The seven-member commission is responsible for:
- reviewing nominations to the National Register of Historic Places;
- reviewing nominations and designating properties to the Clark County Heritage Register;
- conducting design review for changes to buildings and sites on the local register;
- reviewing and deciding applications for the Special Valuation Tax Incentive for historic properties; and
- overseeing education and outreach.
Applicants should have interest, experience or knowledge in history; historic preservation, rehabilitation or restoration; architecture or related disciplines such as planning, American studies or cultural anthropology, archaeology or geography.
The commission typically meets at 6 pm the first Wednesday of each month at the Public Service Center, 1300 Franklin St. Currently, due to the coronavirus pandemic, the commission is meeting virtually via Webex.
To apply, submit a letter of interest and résumé to Michelle Pfenning, County Manager’s Office, PO Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is 5:00 PM Friday, April 16, 2021.
For more information about the commission and the Historic Preservation program, please visit Clark County Community Planning Historic Preservation online.