The Clark County Council is looking for two interested individuals to sit on the Clark County Historic Preservation Commission. Those interested should have interest, experience or knowledge in the following: history – historic preservation, rehabilitation or restoration – architecture or related practice such as planning, American studies or cultural anthropology, archaeology, or geography. If this is you, this may just be your gig.
Commission members are responsible for the following:
– Reviewing nominations to the National Register of Historic Places
– Reviewing nominations and designation properties to the Clark County Heritage Register
– Conducting design review for changes to buildings and sites on the local register
– Reviewing and deciding applications for the Special Valuation Tax Incentive for historic properties
– Overseeing education and outreach
Individuals will serve a three-year term starting July 1, 2019. Meetings are typically held on the first Wednesday of the month at 6:00 PM at the Public Service Center (1300 Franklin St.).
Applications are due by 5:00 PM on Friday, March 1st. Send your letter of interest and resume to Alyssa Weyhrauch, County Managers Office, PO Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666 or [email protected].