Are you looking for a job in the healthcare field? To help individuals searching for jobs in healthcare connect with companies that are hiring, several organizations in Southwest Washington and neighboring Oregon have joined together and are hosting a free virtual hiring event Wednesday, April 21, 2021, from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
Nearly 40 healthcare companies from across the region, including Southwest Washington, Multnomah County, Washington County, and Clackamas County, are seeking new employees for current openings. Job seekers can register at https://bit.ly/3fxzSLs and are encouraged to upload a resume.
Opportunities will vary from entry-level to licensed, certified, and experienced healthcare professionals, as well as both patient and non-patient roles. Recruiters representing health systems, clinics, dental, pharmacy, behavioral health, and long-term care will be available to speak/video chat directly with job seekers.
Job seekers should prepare for the event as they would for an in-person interview and be prepared to speak with hiring representatives. Those new to virtual technology may want to practice with their computers to get comfortable on camera. For questions, contact Rebecca Budahl at [email protected] or 360.735.4955.
The event uses a platform called Brazen. A brief video about the technology is available on the registration page. In addition, WorkSource is holding workshops in the days before the event to provide guidance on how to use the system so job seekers can successfully use the platform to connect with employers.
Register for a workshop to prepare for the virtual hiring and learn how to navigate the system:
Companies will have open jobs listed at their virtual booth during the event. Forty companies will have representatives at the event to speak with job seekers, including:
- Health Systems – Providence, Legacy Health, Kaiser Permanente
- Long-term Care – Arbor Ridge, Prestige, Rose Villa, Willamette View, Marquis, Brookdale, HCR Manor Care, Community Home Health and Hospice, Amada Senior Care, HomeWatch Caregivers, Avamere
- Clinics – Children’s Community Clinic, University of Western States Health Center, Wallace Health, AFC Urgent Care, Virginia Garcia
- Behavioral Health – Cascadia Behavioral Health, New Narrative, Central City Concern, Rainier Springs Behavioral Health Hospital, Columbia River Mental Health
- Pharmacies – Kaiser Dental, Walgreens, Consonus
- Staffing – Express Health Care, Aerotek, Abbot and Associates
- Others – Planned Parenthood, MetroWest Ambulance, CareOregon, Cambia Health Solutions, WorkSource Vancouver, WorkSource Portland
At the event, job seekers can visit the WorkSource booth to learn about resume help, workshops, and other available job search and training services.