Pumpkin Carving Creativity and Harry Potter unite for First Friday fun.
Decorated pumpkins will fill merchant locations as costumed Harry Potter fans fill the streets in Downtown Camas for October’s First Friday, October 7th, 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Festivities will include voting for the “People’s Pumpkin” award, Harry Potter and fall crafts and activities, a themed photo op, treats, dining, shopping, music, and a Harry Potter costume contest with prizes.
Additional First Friday activities include:
– 17th Annual “Pumpkin Pageant”: Participating downtown businesses will each have a carved or decorated pumpkin vying for the “People’s Pumpkin” award. Vote for the favorite and enter to win a fall-themed prize basket donated by downtown merchants. The merchant that wins the “People’s Pumpkin” award also receives a prize.
– Harry Potter Costume Contest: People of all ages are invited to show off their best Harry Potter costumes. Prizes will be given for Best Costume Winners and Runners up for adults and children, as well as a prize for Best Group Costume. The contest starts at 7pm in Journey Church, 304 NE 4th. Sign up that night in Journey between 5pm and 6:45pm.
– Kid’s Crafts include Harry Potter-inspired wand making with the Artisans’ Guild of Camas, decorative masquerade masks with the Camas Educational Foundation, and fall crafts at LiveWell Camas with the Girl Scouts.
– Harry Potter-themed games including “Indoor Quidditch”, “Catch the Snitch” and “Free The House Elf” and Harry Potter Photo Op for all the “wizards and muggles”.
– Art shows can be enjoyed in the many Downtown Camas galleries.
“Each year we’re surprised at the quality of pumpkin pageantry our merchants continue to produce. This is such a fun event for all ages!” says Carrie Schulstad, Executive Director of the Downtown Camas Association (DCA). “Harry Potter is such a popular theme, and we’re excited to bring back the costume contest this year. There will be something for everyone! Come down and support our wonderful merchants in Downtown Camas.”