Do you have an interest in the future Battle Ground Roadmap vision and action plan? The Navigators, a 12 member group appointed to provide guidance and present recommendations to the City Council, have been working to come up with a vision and prioritize the project since June. Here is where you come in.
The Battle Ground Community is asked to attend an open house on Thursday, November 8th from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM at the Battle Ground Community Center (912 East Main Street). Those in attendance will be asked to give their feedback on the vision and many other “Big Idea” projects. Erin Erdman, Battle Ground’s acting city manager said, “We are excited to share the results of the Navigator’s work. The resulting vision and action plan will guide policy and align City resources for years to come. The more community input we get at the upcoming Open House the better the plan will be.”
There are six “Big Ideas” the Navigators are bringing to the community to consider.
Join our list
Join thousands of your local friends and neighbors. Get the Community's most popular FREE newsletter!
- Successful School System – Support the board-based community leadership essential to a successful public school system.
- Old Town District Revitalization – Promote the ongoing revitalization of Old Town Battle Ground as the traditional heart of the community with shops, restaurants, and other attractions that preserve the community’s enduring small-town heritage and charm.
- Activity Centers and Gathering Places – Develop new and expand existing spaces that contribute to the quality of life for Battle Ground’s growing population of all ages Projects may include expanding the Community Center, developing a new YMCA/Aquatics center, and creating more parks and gathering places in neighborhoods.
- Future Jobs and Industry – Identify Battle Ground’s most competitive economic opportunities and employment niches for the future, creating a comprehensive economic strategy that includes new jobs, targeted industry sectors, and their locations.
- School District Site Redevelopment – Plan for the eventual redevelopment of Battle Ground High School campus to accommodate a new town center for mixed-use housing, employment, and recreation – Battle Ground’s “living room.”
- Town Planning Districts – Establish a new system of planning districts covering the entire city, reinforcing the unique identities of Battle Ground’s various areas and establishing a framework and vision for future development.
The Battle Ground Roadmap project started earlier in the year and is expected to be presented to the City Council by the end of the year.
For more information, visit the Battle Ground Roadmap online.