CRESA Launches 311 Service

CRESA is excited to announce a new number for the community to use to report non-emergency law enforcement issues.

Historically, Clark County has had one number to call to connect with their local law enforcement. This meant that if you had a non-emergency complaint (like someone had stolen your bicycle overnight) you had no choice but to call 911 to report the crime. Beginning this month, community members can call 311 or 360-693-3111 to reach the 911 dispatchers. Using this line will help prioritize incoming calls at the 911 center and keep 911 open for emergencies.

When you call 311 you may be placed on hold or you may be placed in a queue. You may hear a recorded message with information about alternative numbers or resources you may use instead of waiting for a dispatcher. CRESA is busy place, serving as both the 911 answering point for all of incorporated and unincorporated Clark County and is also the dispatch center for local law enforcement and fire / EMS responders. Please be patient, as the same people answering 911 emergency calls and dispatching responders are the same people answering 311.

A few guidelines to follow when you decide if you want to call 911 versus 311:

Always use 911 for any fire and medical call, no matter how minor you think the medical complaint is
Call 911 if your police complaints involves a gun, is a crime happening now, or a situation that needs police to prevent or stop an injury or property damage
311 is the alternate number to report non-emergency law enforcement related complaints

If you are unsure, call 911 and we will get you the right help or refer you to the right resource. More Information can be found at

Send this to a friend